Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Easy run Tuesday

1.78 mi Run with MapMyRun
Duration: 21:30

Pace: 12.1 min/mi

At the moment with only 3 days a week that I'm running I plan to have Tuesday be the day that I try to sustain my running for the entire time.   Thursday I will try to do some kind of speed work, most likely fartlek until I can get longer distances and then I'll start some kind of interval training on the high school track.   Then either Saturday or Sunday I will walk/run without shame and extend my distance most every week.  

I ran very consistently today starting near 13 minute pace and ending closer to 11:30 pace.   I ran without walk breaks.

It wasn't easy.  My breathing was ok, but I have a pain in my right hip.  Its there pretty much all day every day.  I don't know if it's from the way I cross my legs when I'm sitting or if its from having to drive as much as I do while my knees push out to the sides.  Either way I think some strength training and stretching will be good.   

I did get my Theraband out today and work on some arm exercises.   I have found several places that look like they share good core workouts and hip strengthening workouts.   In the past i've never spent the time to focus on strengthening my body with the purpose of running.   I have specific running goals though so I need to get started on doing that now.   I'm sure that some more strength will help with my times.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Tuesday

Trying to stick to my plan.  3 days a week. Easy Medium run on Tuesday, these will get longer over time. Speed work on Thursday. Long s...