Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Easy Tuesday

Trying to stick to my plan.  3 days a week.
Easy Medium run on Tuesday, these will get longer over time.
Speed work on Thursday.
Long slow run on Saturday.   

Over time I will increase the distance on both my Easy medium run and long slow run.   If all goes well with strength training, weight loss and speed work my speed on my easy days will get faster.   I run by effort and not by trying to meet a specific pace.  Thus improvements in fitness should make an easy effort faster.

I'm not sure the accuracy but my fitbit is tracking my heart rate between 140 and 150 for my easy runs, however it also is mostly in that range for my sprints as well.  I don't know if that means I should be pushing for a longer time during my sprints or if oxygen and my life of asthma is my limiting factor.

I think this week I will try some hill repeats.  I keep hearing that it's a good idea.   There's a hill not too far from my house, it's not insurmountable and I ran through it on my long run last weekend.  I'll warm up on my way over then run up the hill and walk back down a few times.  The hardest part for me is patience.  I love that my distance is returning, but I have wanted to add some speed my entire life and I have a LONG way to go.  Speedwork and adding strength can only help though.


1.45 mi Run with MapMyRun
Duration: 16:15
Pace: 11.13 min/mi

I couldn't find a pace this morning.  I had to work to keep myself in check.  I kept finding myself starting to have a hard time breathing and reminding myself to slow down and take it easy.   Looking at my pace clearly that was an issue, I was all over the place.  Positive thought though,  I was able to run the whole thing without walking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Tuesday

Trying to stick to my plan.  3 days a week. Easy Medium run on Tuesday, these will get longer over time. Speed work on Thursday. Long s...