Thursday, April 13, 2017

First 2 mile run of the year

2.01 mi Run with MapMyRun
Duration: 24:31

Pace: 12.2 min/mi

I know I'm supposed to limit my extra mileage to only 10% increase per week.   I just ran my first 1.7 miler and now I'm increasing again.   It was more of a coincidence than a plan.  

I need to learn how to share more.   I don't pay for the premium of Map My Run.  Maybe if I get the point that I run better I'll do that.  At the moment I'm limited to breakdown information on splits with 1 mile being the smallest number that it tracks.   There's a really nice chart that shows me my pace over time I just wish I knew how to add it here in this post to share it.

The best I can describe my run was a fartlek.   My plan leaving the house this morning was for an out and back route where i would run a few blocks really slow and then run hard for a block.  I hoped to not walk at all again, but after the first couple of fartlek intervals I was winded and had to walk half a block.  I ended up with 4 or 5 walk breaks.  Map my run shows the peak of my hard running for a few seconds at about 8:07.   I ran 7 intervals and the final one peaked at 8:50. 

Importantly I was able to get 7 intervals.  I was also able to keep all 7 intervals at faster than my goal pace of 9 minute/mile. 

The not so good is that I still have no feel at all for pacing. 

My diet did mostly well today until dinner tonight.  I had to take my car to the shop to fix a tire and ate out.   I had breakfast for supper, which was pretty healthy, but I also drank some sugar infused coffee that was really tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Tuesday

Trying to stick to my plan.  3 days a week. Easy Medium run on Tuesday, these will get longer over time. Speed work on Thursday. Long s...