Monday, April 24, 2017

Strength training Monday

Strength training Monday is here.   Well, kind of.  I'm not sure what to do for strength training yet.   I don't have a program that I've found that appears to be more than just a few strength training exercises that runners should do.   It would be nice to show some kind of progression, do X sets of these 5 exercises for a month then move on to this next set of exercises.

I also don't have a method for tracking my strength training that I'm excited about.   I've been reading a lot about Bullet Journals, and there are some nice views that I like for running, but I haven't found one for strength training.   The ones there only seem to support a few exercises and strength training probably doesn't fit into the same kind of mold that running does for bullet journal tracking.  I'm still digging to see if I can find the output of some application or some bullet journal example that will let me track things the way I want.  If not I'll try to make up my own.

One leg bridge.  I did 2 sets of 6 with each leg.   There were pops and snaps in my hips when I did these, this is the first time I've ever done them.

I did two sets of pushups, 10 the first time, then 13 the 2nd.  I wasn't pushing myself to my limit my shoulder is popping and snapping with every movement.

I used Green therabands and did the following:
2 sets of rows, 20 reps each.
2 sets of upright rows 10 reps each, my shoulder is popping with ever movement.
2 sets of inner rotator cuff 15 reps
2 sets of outer rotator cuff 15 reps.

1 legged squat 6 on each leg, only one set.  this was harder than I expected and I'm not sure I got through a full range of motion.

I also did a plank to see how long I could hold it before my shoulder hurt enough that I had to stop.  I made it 45 seconds.

I did all of these and did some strength training but I don't feel like I pushed myself hard enough.  And I'm not sure what I should do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Tuesday

Trying to stick to my plan.  3 days a week. Easy Medium run on Tuesday, these will get longer over time. Speed work on Thursday. Long s...