Saturday, April 22, 2017

Long run Saturday



3.32 mi Run with MapMyRun
Duration: 42:12

Pace: 12:43 min/mi

I tried my long slow run with consistency.  That was my goal.  Slow and consistent.  I made it about 22 minutes without having to walk.  As soon as I had to break for a walk though I was done.  I couldn't retain my running pace.  

After my run my legs were jello.  I tried to stretch and hop around a little but it didn't help much.  I also chased after a ball my son threw to me at the park.  I realized that I could barely shuffle.   3.32 miles in 42.12.   This is not the speed with which I want to enter a 5K.  I definitely have some improvements to do before I feel confident about even entering a 5K.   However,  this is the first run I've had that was over 5K.   I expect that my time for this distance will get a better the more I am running.  

One problem I have is sleep.  I don't know how to get more of it.  My goal is 7 hours of sleep each night, but I'm between 5:30 and 6:30 most of the time.   The less I have the more it affects me.  I will go through 2 or 3 days sometimes feeling like a zombie.   And even though I'm in bed by 10PM I lay there awake until after midnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Tuesday

Trying to stick to my plan.  3 days a week. Easy Medium run on Tuesday, these will get longer over time. Speed work on Thursday. Long s...