Thursday, April 20, 2017

Intervals Thursday


1.47 mi Run with MapMyRun
Duration: 16:32

Pace: 11:12 min/mi



I overslept a little this morning.  My 5:45 alarm wasn't enough.  I've had too many days of not getting enough sleep.   I need a good night to help me catch up.

I rolled out of bed about 6:10 and was out the door.  

My running felt exhausted. I jogged a few blocks to warm up then ran a hard block followed by a few blocks of slower jogging.  My sprints winded me enough that I had to walk.  I tried to keep my walk breaks to as short as possible and get back to slow running as soon as possible.

I was really excited at the end to see my pace of 11:12 min/mi.  And looking at my sprint speed I was at about the 8 minute pace for each interval.   

Today I watched the movie "4 minute mile".  I'm always looking for inspiration.  I love running movies and books.   Even images of the "rave run" in Runners World will sometimes be inspiring to me.   

There was a line in the movie that jumped out at me.
"Patience.  It takes a lot of it to be a runner."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Easy Tuesday

Trying to stick to my plan.  3 days a week. Easy Medium run on Tuesday, these will get longer over time. Speed work on Thursday. Long s...